How to setup the coming soon page?
I am starting to build my website and I wish to show a "coming soon" page on the frontend during the development. How to do this?
Step 1: Import the prebuilt coming soon page
1. Go to TheGem -> Demo Import and search for "Coming Soon" prebuilt pages
2. Click on the "Coming Soon" demo. Popup appears. Here you can choose to import the full pack of prebuilt coming soon pages
or select single coming soon pages you like the most
In both cases deactivate the checkbox "Import theme options"
After that start demo import (for more details check the chapter "How to import prebuilt demos?")
Step 2: Set the imported "coming soon" page as a homepage
After the demo import process is completed:
1. Go to Settings -> Reading in your WordPress admin
2. In "Your homepage displays" select "A static page"
3. And then select the imported coming soon page in "Homepage" field
That's all. Now you can work on your website and your website visitors will see the "coming soon" page as a homepage of your website without having access to other pages you are building.