How to Install The Child Theme
If you plan to modify the source code of the main parent theme (php, js, style.css) we strongly recommend to install TheGem child theme and make such modifications inside this child theme in order to avoid any possible problems & issues by installing updates of TheGem’s main parent theme in future.
After downloading the main ZIP file with all files and documentation and unzipping this file (as described in this article) you can find TheGem child theme in folder „Child_Theme“.
This folder contains two subfolders:
- TheGem_Elementor_child.zip: child theme for Elementor’s version of TheGem theme
- TheGem_WPBakery_child.zip: child theme for WPBakery’s version of TheGem theme
- TheGem_child_user_icons.zip: this child theme is used for additional custom icons
- TheGem_Coin_child.zip: this child theme is required for Gemcoin, ICO & Cryptocurrency Demo
- TheGem_CryptoCoin_child.zip: this child theme is required for Cryptocurrency & Ico Landing Demo
The installation of the child theme works in the same way as the installation of the main parent theme (check this article).
Note: Don’t try to install child theme if the main parent TheGem theme is not installed – this will give no result.